Christmas Tissue Paper Masculine Card...






Today is the third Satuarday in February and at 52 Christmas Card Throwdown it is time for a theme.   For some time I've been wanting to make a card using some tissue paper with trees on it that I bought this past Christmas at my Dollar Tree.    I had seen lovely cards made from napkins at Maxine's blog, and I thought tissue would work just as well.    I went online for directions on adhering it to cardstock for my card panel.    I found several videos from Modge Podge to placing plastic wrap between the cut piece of tissue and white cardstock and sandwiching this between two pieces of parchment paper and iroining it with a dry iron on a wooden board.   The parchment must be bigger than the plastic wrap and when you take it out you cut away the plastic wrap.  You also have to iron the tissue before you iron it on the plastic on the cs...well I looking and found where you could use Wonder Under.   It's a fusible lining that I have used before in sewing...When I went back on you tube, I couldn't find it again...But here is what I did

1.   USE a DRY iron

2.  Fold and cut a piece of parchment creating the exterior protective sandwich to use over and over again,

4.   Cut my tissue and white cardstock about 1/2 bigger on each side than I wanted the panel to be.

5.   Cut the Wonder Under about 1/8 inch smaller than the tissue and white cardstock all the way around.

6.    Get some kind of wood to place on ironing board for a firm service.   One lady suggested a wooden picture from dollar tree (which I bought)

7.  Put the empty parchment sandwich on top of this.,

8.  Place the tissue paper on top of all this and Iron with a DRY iron.

9...Then move the tissue to the side and place the cs with the wonder under on top making sure the"scratchy side" is facing down on the cs and then iron this onto the cs.  (remember it is slightly smaller)

10.  When it cools (not long)pull off the paper that was backing  the scratchy side and what you have left on the CS   is now a sticky side.

11.  On top of the sticky side place the "ironed tissue" which is cut the same size as the cardstock and iron inside the parchment sandwich.

12.   I then used  my cutter to cut the panel 1/2 all the way around and you have a piece where the tissue is stuck permanently to the cs all the way to the edges.  .

13.    To give texture to the panel I used the SU embossing folder "Timeworn" type.

I finished it all off by adhering the tissue panel to a Cajun Craze card base (SU)

and then attached the tag with the deer!   

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you'll make your way over to 52 CCT and create a card with a "masculine" theme and join the fun with us.            Smiles,   Kathy

PS   My online friend Vicki is a design team member at   Sparkles Monthly Challenge where the #161 challenge is also masculine.



 

15 comments:

  1. oh Kathy, j'aime cette ambiance nature, biz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy... you are so amazingly creative!! I would never have come up with this idea...love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  3. Thank you but I was inspired by a napkin creation by Maxine at her blog (link above0
    It's just that glue and I have a love/hate relationship and once I figured out what to do, it wasn't hard...I will make cards with napkins also doing the same method.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous result Kathy - and well done on figuring out something that works for you!!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  5. It’s perfect. Regine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, your background turned out so gorgeous Kathy! I love the texture on it as well! I've never attempted using napkins as of yet, but have seen many people doing it and thought that maybe some day I'll try...so thank you for sharing what you've done! I love that deer and I do have that stamp set, but haven't used it as of yet! Maybe I need to! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. P.S. Thank you SO MUCH for sharing this wonderful card with us over at the Sparkles Monthly Challenge my friend! I'm so thrilled that you've joined in the fun with us!! I sure hope you'll share you wonderful artwork with us again!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card! Loving your design with the tag and the deer is beautiful 😊. Thanks so much for playing along at Sparkles Monthly Challenge! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so glad you got this to work, Kathy, because those trees look fantastic as a background for that darling deer. May I assume you will be making more cards with that tissue paper? Thanks for having me as a guest this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Bobby...I enjoyed making it so probably yes!

      Delete