52 CCT Technique "fussy cutting" Christmas Card with popped images....







Hi friends,   thank you so much for visiting my blog today.  So many of you are so supportive and I appreciate it.    I made this card for the technique challenge over at 52 Christmas Card Throwdown.  For the month of July I have been the hostess and it has been so rewarding to see the beautiful work that has been done using the challenges that I came up with for everyone.  What fun seeing all the different ways that so many talented card makers have interpreted the challenges these past few weeks.  Our technique for this last two week (since July has 5 weeks) of July is "fussy cutting."  When I first started making cards over 20 years ago..in order to layer you had to "fussy cut" your images.   Die cuts for home use had not come on the scene quite yet.   And even though I order die cuts with most stamp sets now (bundled up at SU) fussy cutting is something I still do quite a bit.  We enjoy an abundance of beautiful designer paper these days and I so enjoy using that to make cards.   I have paper I buy in collections and digital paper that I buy and download storing on a flash drive (saving space on my computer.)   The tope 2 cards were from  BeracaInk a seller on Etsy.  The bottom card is from 
I really enjoyed making all three of these.  For the bottom card I cut the poinsettia close to the black outline and then using a glue stick for good adherence I glued to white and cut to make it look like stamped die cuts.  Join the fun at 52 CCT and make a card for this last challenge in July (you will have 2 weeks instead of 1).  Thanks for being a friend!          Kathy

I'm also linking my card to  
Merry Little Christmas Challenge  (anything goes)      
Sparkles Christmas Challenge   (include gold)  
ABC Christmas Challenge  (O is for Ornament)






 

10 comments:

  1. Oh yes, I too started cardmaking when dies were only just coming onto the market, and then only for basic shapes. How things have changed!
    Beautiful trio of cards Kathy - each one unique and beautiful
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! These are all so gorgeous Kathy! I remember when there were no dies too and cutting things out was just apart of making a card if you wanted to do that! LOL That top ornament card is gorgeous and I love to cut out pieces from the pretty papers! What a gorgeous set of Christmas inspiration you have to share today! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. There is also a Christmas in July at Sparkles Monthly if you'd like to enter there as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just beautiful, Kathy - I'm a diehard fussy cutting fan, lol. Even when I have the dies, I don't mind picking out a fun detail or two - I love dimension! Thanks so much for playing at Sparkles!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved this challenge as I don't mind fussy-cutting! Your vintage ornaments are lovely on the top card, and the florals are beautiful too! I remember resisting getting a diecutting machine (didn't think I needed one!) until I realized I could cut circles perfectly...then there was no turning back! Dies have come a long way, but there is still something satisfying about fussy-cutting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. superbe et si élégante création Kathy, biz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. et merci de jouer chez ABC Christmas Challenge, biz

      Delete
  7. Ooh what beautiful cards. Lovely touches of gold too perfect for our challenge at Sparkles Christmas. Good luck. Hugs Debs DT x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful Christmas cards, i just love the one with ornaments!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The ornaments really are amazing! Thank you so much for entering our challenge at ABC Christmas

    ReplyDelete