Doggie Christmas Card...








The third Saturday of the month is always "theme" challenge at 52 Christmas Card Throwdown, we are celebrating our pets this month!    The design team has created some beautiful cards for you to enjoy and to inspire you.   Quite a while back I bought this cute St. Bernard puppy digi stamp from DigiDoodles.   They no longer are doing digital stamps and I don't know exactly what they are doing.   While he is so precious "looking,"  coloring him turned out to be a giant challenge for me.   I started by printing him on white cs and die cut this using a stitched oval from SU.  I then printed him on a black/red gingham style plaid and fussy cut this out and glued on top of the first printing, and then printed on white a second time and fussy cut just the part I
needed to color and after coloring this piece I attached with pop dots on top of the black/red piece.   Suffice to say I ended up printing the piece to color more than once...I colored with pencils, water color pencils and wanna be copics (that I bought from Amazon.)  I used "wink of stella" on the white fur areas.  The sentiment is from Glacielle designs.    I  embossed the panel with the SU brick folder.     The black/red paper is a piece from Evergreen and Holly paper pad by Vicki Boutin.    Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you will make a card to share with us this week.     Smiles,   Kathy

Also linking card to:  Critter Crazy Challengegs
 

6 comments:

  1. What a sweetie you pup is, Kathy - well done on persevering, and getting such a wonderful result. The brick embossed background is perfect
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. elle est adorable Kathy, merci de jouer avec nous chez 52CCT, biz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathy... love your pup! So sorry about the mixup this week. I had the challenge as Christmas in July so I went with a tropical card. It must have gotten changed along the line and I missed it. My craft room is shut down for 6 weeks while it is being renovated so there was no going back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awe! Your pup in the stocking is super CUTE! I love your coloring on him which almost looks like your sweet baby in the photo you have on the side of your blog here! Digi Doodles is no longer running, but Dina has decided to go all physical products with clear stamps, dies, stencils, paper pads etc at her new store called Ink n' Splatter. But this one sure is super cute! Love the brick background with him as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card! Your puppy is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aaaawwww.. how cute! Love the background and the sweet image!

    Thanks for playing along with our Challenge at Critter Crazy and good luck!

    Hugs and please come back soon!
    Doris
    Kleido’s BastelStüble
    *Owner* Do-Al(l) Kreatives
    *Owner*Critter Crazy Challenges
    *DT* Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2

    ReplyDelete