December Sketch Challenge 52 CCT




Hi friends, welcome to the first Saturday in December, Fabiola has designed a simple and clean sketch for us over at 52 Christmas Card Throwdown.  I really enjoyed making this card.   A few weeks ago I was browsing Etsy and I happened upon some Christmas Embroidered Clipart.     My mother loved to do embroidery by hand.   The embroidered image on my card has the look of machine embroidery, but I think it makes a beautiful centerpiece on my card.  I printed the image on watercolor paper and then embossed in the Su linen paper folder before die cutting with the SU stitched circle.   I had printed some extras and I fussy cut the poinsettias and popped them up.  That's a look I really like doing.   I chose the papers from Eden's Garden (Su retired for my background and square behind the circle) and added SU enamels around the image.    I stuck very closely to the sketch, even though there is color, texture and layering, I think it is just about a CAS card.    Thank you for stopping by to all of you faithful friends and welcome to anyone who is new.   Head on over to 52 CCT and check out the beautiful cards from the design team and then share with us how you use the sketch to make a beautiful Christmas card.        Smiles   Kathy










 

3 comments:

  1. This is such an elegant card Kathy - love the image and how you added dimension to it
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. elle est si mignonne Kathy, un bonheur pour les yeux, biz

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are such a talented artist. My name is also Kathy. It is short for Kathleen.

    ReplyDelete