January 2024 52 CCT Sketch Card.....



Hi friends, welcome to my card making blog.   Today's card marks the start of my 2024 Christmas Card stash, and it was made using  Andreja L.'s January sketch over at 52 CCT.   I used (SU) Eden's Garden papers for the card panel, the holly and the green backing for the sentiment.  The card panel was embossed using a spellbinder  holly folder.  The green piece behind the sentiment strip was die cut using a border from the Basic Borders die set that is in the current SU catalog.   The sentiment is from a retired SU stamp set, Christmas to Remember and the Holly leaves were in the Poinsettia Petals SU set. (it may be retired also).  The Holly Berries are tiny red buttons and they provide the perfect pop of color for the card.    I really appreciate those of you who pop in for a visit and comments are so appreciated.  Hugs and smiles,  Kathy    

 

5 comments:

  1. Really gorgeous take on the sketch here Kathy! I love the texture from the embossed background and the way you've added the berries to the holly leaves is such a nice pop of color! Congrats on your new start for Christmas card making my friend! Best wishes for the crafting year ahead! P.S. I sent you a message my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a gorgeous card Kathy - love the soft coloured and textured background - it showcases the panel and holly really well, and the red berry buttons are the perfect accent
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! You used the sketch very nicely! Thanks for playing at 52 CCT challange.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woow, such a wonderful and elegant Christmas card.
    So pretty colours and textures. You used our sketch at 52CCT very nicely.
    Thank you for joining us, Valentina DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful festive card :-)) I like how you take my sketch!
    Thank you for playing with us at 52CCT ❤️

    ReplyDelete