52 CCT January Color Challenge


 


Hi friends--welcome to my blog.   It's time for another card using the 52 CCT card color challenge from Andreja L.  I must say that I've never made a Christmas card using these colors.  I'm pretty traditional for the most part.   However I decided to give it a go!  A very nice hotel in the down town area where I live, sponsors a parade of Christmas trees every year.   The trees are decorated by businesses, schools, churches and lots of other groups and it doesn't cost to view them and they are always so interesting!  It's an anything goes type of event!  My neighbor's tree is gorgeous, she uses all red and clear on this tree each year that's displayed in her front window.   Every Christmas season it is beautifully ablaze for all the local traffic to enjoy.    So I decided to use these colors and create a card with trees using Honey Bee die cuts and paper from a Honey Bee  Honey Bee Autumn collection.   To add texture to the trees I used a crackle embossing folder.     The CS is cherry cobbler from SU, and it's embellished with red sequins from a thrift store.    I ended up with a glitch,  the top of the center tree came off because of the texturing and when I cut another tree, I grabbed the wrong die cut and it was a lot bigger and some of the original tree shows behind it, but while card makers will notice, most other people won't.      It was fun to make, the colors worked beautifully for my whimsical look!    Thanks for stopping by!         Smiles,   Kathy 


7 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning colors Kathy! I love your die cut trees with the mix of the color tones and really great idea to add some texture to those trees too! Beautifully done! PS - did you get my email?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great use of the colours for your card Kathryn - love the diecut trees and how you have used them here
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. That paper made beautiful trees! Love the idea of embossing them for texture. I'm thinking that it might keep them from coming apart if you attached the printed paper to printer paper to make it just a bit more sturdy. You've inspired me to do something like this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh mais c'est si original Kathy, ces sapins flamboient dans la forĂȘt, merci de jouer avec nous et les couleurs chez 52CCT, biz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous Christmas trees and your card design. So inspiring and I love the texture on the trees. Sometimes is really good to do something different and this Christmas card with untraditional colours is stunning! Thank you for playing with our colour challenge at 52CCT. Valentina DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful festive card :-)) I like how you take my colours!
    Thank you for playing with us at 52CCT ❤️

    ReplyDelete