happy owl...




I had 2 challenges in mind when I made these cards....Inspired By all the Little Things # 77 

and CAS(E) This Sketch #   254  .  I went "prowling" in my "card parts" box every now and then it needs cleaning up, I didn't find the frame I was looking for but I ran across some fall wreath die cuts and decided to use that die and make a spring card using the sketch. I was in a quandary about what to do about a  woodland creature and then remembered this little owl that I've had from a very old set and played around with them and got the above.    I used colored pencils and current SU cs and markers (top-Soft Suede) and (bottom Sahara Sand). It was hard to decide but I'm linking the top card.  I think he/she (the owl) really is happy, but owls just naturally have "poker faces", in my opinion.  I can use this for retirement,graduation, getting engaged, a promotion at work....many occasions.......Thanks for stopping by--comments are so appreciated!   Have a good day         Kathy

4 comments:

  1. Oh, these are so sweet! Wonderful take on the inspiration photo and on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute take on the inspiration! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Inspired By All The Little Things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your owl wreath cards are really great for both challenges, Kathy! I love how you interpreted the sketch and your owl with his poker face is a definite element in the Inspired By All the Little Things picture! Thank you so much for playing with us!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great layers! Thanks for playing with us at Inspired By:))

    ReplyDelete