Dahlia Sympathy...





I was inspired by Card Concept Challenge #89 going for a layered clean look using "yellow" as my focal point.   Sketch #330 at  Freshly Made Sketches worked so well for me to use a new stamp set to make a sympathy card.   It's pretty straight forward.   I stamped the dahlia on water color paper with staz on and used SU retired water color crayons (Yo Yo Yellow and Barely Banana) with an aqua brush.    I also painted SU pearls with a Yellow sharpie.   You can't see it very well, but I highlighted the dahlia with a Nuvo Shimmer glitter pen (from Simon Says).
Supplies
Paper Studio-grey gingham
FSJ-  dahlia stamp set and dies and black licorice string-
SU- Sentiment "Bloom With Hope" hostess retired now
Spellbinders-embossing folder (bought it on clearance at Michaels---very thick folder--took some fanangling to get it run through the cuttlebug, soon realized why it was on clearance)

4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card! I love that yellow flower and the embossed background! So elegant! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, I love the textured background and pretty flower.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A gorgeous flower and a beautifully detailed embossed background. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really pretty! Love the grey gingham with the yellow. So glad you joined us this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete