Wellies- floral birthday


 This card is made with the cutest stamp from a set called "Showers and Flowers" from the March Kit of the month--Simon Says.   I am trying to use items from my stash so I chose this long fold card from CTMH in Ivory...I cut of the part that folded over the end and made it just one long card that opened on the side.  To soften the ivory I stamped a patterned stamp with color box white...let it dry over night.  I used the ribbon stamp from  "Choose Joy" also a stamp set in the Simon Says Box.   I stamped it in SU wild wasabi and it picked up the pattern that I had stamped on the paper...I then stamped an ivory panel with the welly boots and colored them with the panel laying on the soft side of my ctmh cutting mat...it helped the pencil colors to blend well (they are not expensive pencils--maybe some day with a coupon that will change)   I then fussy cut used some burlap behind the boots and some baker twine with gold.  It will make a good card for someone you give a check too as a birthday present...even a guy would welcome the flowers if it comes with money!        The sentiment was from the SU Perennial Birthday Set (current SU catalog for spring)   I love this set and also the card kit that came with it....very nice card bases and embellishment included!
Thanks for stopping by,  Kathy

2 comments:

  1. Such a cute card. Love the image and your coloring. I also love the name of your blog and the reason you chose it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Floral Frenzy” Challenge! Beautiful colors and design. Well done!

    ReplyDelete