Wood Pile Birthday...






My remarks today are a "confessional."   I love doing challenges and they are a great source of inspiration and help in getting the creative juices flowing.   But my card today is an outright copy with some minimal adds on my part.   When I first looked at the Freshly Made Sketch for this week, my first thought was whatever can I do with that?   But as I scrolled down to see what the design team had made...the first card by Jen Brum caught my eye....I had just finished making the cards that came in the March FSJ Bloom box (photo below).   It included this cute little cross section of a log...so I not so random stamped them to resemble Jen's wood pile.  All the while thinking back to when I was a very young child and my dad would "make" a load of wood to truck it to mill.   I also thought about my nephew who loved as a teenager to get out and chop a big stack of fire wood for fun (imagine that).   I popped some of the ends of the logs since not all logs are the same length...I then colored with pencils and used a stippling stamp to create man glitter (saw dust)....I used deckle scissors to give a sawed appearance to my sentiment and added twine....I really like the card and I already have another idea with a new Dahlia set from FSJ to create a bouquet using this sketch...Thanks for stopping by and blessings on your week and work!    Kathy


Supplies:
Sentiment, SU Perennial Birthday (Spring Occasions 2018)
Log Stamp:   FSJ   A great Adventure, March bloom box
Texture stamp:   Touches of Texture (current SU annual book)
ink and cs Chocolate chip, Lemon Lime Twist (SU)
Sentiment Ink:   Black Memento


3 comments:

  1. Your log pile is so cute! Fabulous card! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought you may have been influenced by Jen's card - what a great idea to base the sketch on a pile of logs! Looks great! Thanks for playing along at FMS this week!

    ReplyDelete