Ps.48.14






Using the downloadable Bible Verse for this week over at Word Art Wednesday, I made a card of encouragement (at least the verse encouraged me as I made the card and may whoever receives it be blessed).    A long time ago when I was working in Radiology as an X-Ray Tech, one of my co-workers who did QA for Mammography came to me and asked me if I wanted a large acrylic block that they were nolonger using for QA.  She knew I made cards and used small acrylic blocks to put my stamps on.  Anyway, I said sure and put it away, clueless about how I would really ever use it.   But as you can see the floral stamp from the SSS June Kit turned out to be bigger than any of my blocks.   I remembered this block and dug it out of the closet to use....you could say "it's the biggest block on the block."   I used a 4 label page in word (each label is size 4 1/4 by 5 1/2 landscape). I printed it on white cs. (8 1/2 by 11) then cut it into four pieces.   I then placed the stamp on the block and inked it up and laid my cut verse panel over the stamp twice to create the arcing bouquet...I then cut a single flower and popped it.   I used American Craft colored pencils, nuvo shimmer brush (on flowers) and added the rhinestones around the verse.    I did stamp a leaf over the word he on the 4th line of the verse, but in person you can still see that.  In person the flowers are shimmery as well.   I was pleased over all!      I am going to enjoy this kit!       Thanks for looking, comments are welcome.   I would especially like to know the name of this flower!          Kathy


I am linking my card to the following:

4 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous coloring, Kathy! What a beautiful card! Thanks for playing along with this week's GDP challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a beautiful card, love your colouring of the floral image its stunning.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really beautiful! Love how you arced the bouquet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you to everyone, I appreciate your encouragement. For the bouquet I stamped it twice trying not to overlap...but I did some overlapping so I added the popped flower!

    ReplyDelete