Canine birthday wishes...


Today's card is made using Freshly Made Sketches.   I had planned to make a masculine card with this cute canine, but the longer I looked at the glasses, I couldn't resist adding rhinestones. and then I just had to color the toe nails.   My niece has her own business, Doggie Diva and I think this would be a perfect card to send her.   I used a Men are From Mars downloadable image and paper that came free with the April 2018 Making Cards and Papercraft Magazine.    The entire card base is cut from a a piece of 11 x 8 1/2 covered in polka dots.  It makes an interesting look, and is easier than covering the front of a plain card with a piece of DSP.   I added an Island Indigo panel at the bottom and on top of that I added a stamped piece.of white cs, covered with 2nd generation Island Indigo paw prints.   
I then popped the doggie which I had fussy cut, so that the paws come out over the panel.
The Happy Birthday sentiment is from the current SU book, Perennial Birthday.    Thanks so much, for stopping by...have a good week-end!   Kathy




5 comments:

  1. What a fun card! I love the dog and the glasses! The rhinestones are a great accent! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This little pup is so cute! Fun card. So glad you joined us this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is adorable! I love your fun doggie! Glad you joined us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is so nicely done. I love the dog but can't find him when I google. Is it recent?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blue, I bought a digital copy of the magazine April 2018 Making Cards and Papercraft (UK publication). My magazines are stored at Pocketmag...As best as I can remember I clicked on a link in the online magazine and downloaded. You can still go to Pocket Mags and get past issues of the magazine...I ended up with 161 pages of images and papers that I stored in my digital desktop file. I hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete