Just Because...




Hello card friends...for today's card I created the "Just Because" (FSJ) first because I thought it's size would make a good centerpiece.  I then worked around it using Perennial Birthday (SU) stamps to create a simple swag. Using markers (SU) I colored the stamps and then stamped and fussy cut.  Using colored pencils I colored some of the images.  I finished off with Nuvo glitter brush.  I then created what I consider a "twig" look with natural thread (FSJ) and finished it off with rhinestones (SU).  The longer I looked at it the more I realized that it might look better with black rhinestones...so I used a black sharpie and colored the rhinestones.  You still get a shimmer of sparkle.  I would be interested to know what anyone thinks...which one is best?   I always enjoy the sketches over at Freshly Made Sketches and this one was very challenging.  I am also linking to Word Art Wednesday Challenge, if you haven't checked them out, please do, their Bible verses are very beautiful and I have used several for my card marking.  Overall I am very pleased with the card!     Thanks for stopping in,   Kathy

4 comments:

  1. This turned out lovely - great use of the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your creative use of the sketch. Your swag is absolutely gorgeous in design and in color - perfect behind the sentiment. Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much, I am so glad you liked my card!

    ReplyDelete