With Love...




Blog chit-chat is interesting, while I love reading all the things many of you put...I'm stymied with what I might share that you would  find interesting.  Here is my attempt...I was once asked what flower do I think I am most like.  Hmm..well I'm not a gardener but my mom use to have a garden where she grew green beans and when I was young she encouraged "made me" pull weeds...I'm not sure whether I honestly couldn't tell the difference or I just wanted to bug her, but I was constantly asking is this a bean or a morning glory.  The very young plants looked so much alike.  Because we wanted the beans "to produce" food, we needed to pull the morning glories out.  A few years ago, before stamping, I took a flower arranging class at a local tech school. I became somewhat fascinated with morning glories and have read in some articles that they bloom in the morning and fade in the afternoon...hence the name morning glory.  I have made a couple of floral arrangements using silk morning glories, once of which was a bridal bouquet.  They are gorgeous and while I've seen them in mostly lavender and blue--I'm going out on a limb and coloring this one Calypso Coral! What flower am I?   I am a "morning glory",  I have a history of starting a project and then fading before it's finished.  My yard sales were always so popular.  I am happy to report that my card making hobby has been perking along for over 15 years and I still love playing with all the trappings and learning new techniques.  It is so much fun and therapeutic.   Thanks for stopping by and comments are so welcome!   Kathy

WHAT and How

Challenges:    Sunday Stamps  and  Paper Player's Challenge

Stamps:  Banner, retired CTMH
              Sentiment, FSJ  Tag Elements
              Morning Glory, FSJ  "Love Life" April 2018 Bloom Box

Techniques:  Using Daubers applied ink to image, followed that with colored pencils to deepen the textue of                      the image, then fussy cut.   Both sentiment and morning glory popped on banner.
                    White panel embossed with SU seaside

Accessories:  natural string, FSJ and lemon-lime twist sequins, SU


4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful take on our sketch in these fun colors - I sure HOPE there's morning glories in this color - it's gorgeous! Thanks for playing at Sunday Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty card! I love the way you used the colors and the sketch! The embossed background is great !So happy you joined us at Sunday Stamps and The Paper Players ! XX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful flowers and such a lovely color combination. I love the twine and Lemon Lime Twist embellishments. Thank you for joining Sunday Stamps this week.

    ReplyDelete