Green/Purple Christmas Tree Card





There were a couple of times through the years when we went to a Christmas tree farm to pick out the perfect family Christmas tree.  Our experience was never as exciting as that of the "Griswold" family.  Finding out that my son was allergic to real Christmas trees was probably the best thing that ever happened for me (I always hated all that gunk that got on my hands and arms and ate my fingers up).  I bought into the "fake" tree hype and haven't looked back.   The 52CCT color challenge of purple and green is a little out of my comfort zone...since I gravitate toward red and green at Christmas.  But it is the beginning of the new year and I plan to make as many cards through the year that I can--I decided to give it a shot.   I think the card is sweet and very calm and the family that picked out "that" tree from all the others in the background will be very happy with it.   Using the Tuesday morning sketch for this week as my inspiration, since I really enjoy using designer paper-- I think I like what I came up with, hope you do as well...and I welcome comments!   Thanks for stopping by!   Kathy

Supplies
All Designer Paper from KatyDidScrap (ETSY) digital art
Sentiment:  Timeless Tidings SU
plaid ribbon:  Fun Stampers Journey
card base and panel backing:  sahara sand SU
highlight on tree panel pieces-nuvo aqua shimmer glitter gloss (not sure the photo pictures up the pop it adds)

5 comments:

  1. Very pretty Christmas card!
    Thanks for playing along with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches!
    Debbie ~ TMS DT
    Debbie's Dash of This and That

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a lovely card, the soft colours work so well together and the tree is a very prety focus. Thanks for joining in at the 52CCT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is a gorgeous Christmas card! I love the non-traditional colors and your fresh design. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's great that you connected the challenge with the sketch! Everything fits so well together and these soft colors are ....just gorgeous!
    Thank you for joining us at 52CCT
    Rosi x

    ReplyDelete
  5. You made good use of the colours from our challenge and the sketch of another. Great job! Thank you for taking part in our 52 Christmas Card Throwdown Challenge - Myrna DT

    ReplyDelete