Soothing Sympathy..








Using the Freshly Made Sketch #371,  I started playing around and one thing led to another and I ended up with a sympathy card.   The only part of my original plan is the base and blue geometric panel and solid blue panel and the sentiment strip.  It actually came together fairly quickly, once the base was assembled.
I liked this week's simple sketch and a square card is always fun!   Thanks for stopping by and have a great week...I'm finishing this up so I can go settle with my husband in front of the TV for the Super Bowl Playoff games!   I have a pot of chili beans on the stove and some cornbread awaiting us.   It's definitely chili weather here in SC.    Kathy

SU:  Petal Pairs and Punch (retired)
       Sentiment, Bloom With Hope (retired)
       Calypso Coral Ink
       Petals and More Thinlets
       Rhinestones
       Basic Grey CS
Sizzix square stitched framelits
Little Panda Designs (digital download) (Etsy) solid blue panel and geometric panel
Silver thread (?)

     

9 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card! The way you've got the branch positioned looks so cool! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very beautiful and elegant sympathy card. The delicately coloured flower looks great on this fantastic background!
    Rosi x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful. Your color choices are great together and I love the subtle print of the patterned paper with the bright flowers. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am surprised and honored--thank you for choosing my card for this challenge!

      Delete
  4. What a gorgeous card and a beautiful take on the sketch this week. Congratulation on being Queen! So glad you joined us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card. Love all the elements and design. It deserves to win.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks to everyone for such sweet remarks and encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card. Your interpretation of the design is beautiful and simple. Love the grey, blue and coral.

    ReplyDelete