Lotsa' happy birthday...









Post title was chosen because of all the challenges I  brought together to make it.  My creation falls short of a masterpiece, no surprise there and while it may not be the prettiest "card" on the block, it is sweet and simple and is "sendable" and that works for me.  On Saturdays I usually stroll through challenge blogs looking to see what I find interesting and see if I can use them for inspiration as I create throughout the week.  I print them out on pages, (about 7 challenges per page) since that it is the only way I can keep them in mind.  For this card  I started with As You See It "when I think simple I think one layer card" which led to Less is More for this week, make a one layer card to focus on sentiment  In keeping with that since I had in mind to also participate at Seize the Birthday "anthing goes.I picked out this small birthday sentiment and decided to emboss around it using a small oval frame well that brought to mind, Just Add Ink and the "Just Add Embossing" challenge.  And while the frame worked , it also added another problem when I ran it through my cuttlebug the edges of the frame made score lines of sorts so I decided to add "stitching" using stamps from SU Sale A bration set "Needlepoint & Thread"  to try and cover them, so that led to the creation of a grid the theme over at Addicted to Cas.  I added the flowers because the lines didn't quite meet since the stitching images were shorter than where I needed them to reach.  OK...The stitches don't quite cover the scored places, but by that time I was out of patience and decided to just "let it go."   Thanks for stopping by,   Maybe at least you will get some good ideas and hopefully I've learned some lessons as well!     Kathy
PS,   Making the card was a lot easier than doing the blog posts and linking it!!!!

7 comments:

  1. Very sweet card and a lovely way to highlight using embossing. Chantell Just Add Ink

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, your card is as cute as can be, I love how it evolved! No matter, it's fun and simple and pretty! Thanks for playing with our As You See It challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a sweet card and I enjoyed reading about its evolution. I always say to my class people that there are no mistakes, just different design choices, rather like your addition of stitching lines to cover the score marks. :-) Thank you for joining us at As You See It Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathy, your card is super sweet and even though it's one layer, the embossing makes it look like there's another layer! I think you are really brave to work with the stamped stitching, there are always so many issues that can go wrong with that, and yours look amazing! Thanks for joining us at As You See It Challenges this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is very sweet, and I never would have guessed that you'd had all of those difficulties in making it! I think it's great, thanks for sharing it with us at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete
  6. thank you all so much, such encouragement...challenges are such a good way for me to grow that's for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a lovely card. Sweet and simple. That wonderful oval frame really accents the sentiment. I love the purple hues in the flowers and frame. Participating in challenges is the best way to hone your skills. Great job with this card. Thanks for playing with us at Less Is More.

    ReplyDelete