Umbrella Birthday Girl...




Color challenges are always difficult for me, but I was determined to do this one over at Just Add Ink.  I was drawn to he royal colors and the layering and the individual items that still stick out, rather than being so homogenous.   This card was definitely made by the trial and error method.   The idea of layering "rick-rack."  actually came from another challenge, but the sketch, I kind of put together.  I am sure it is one I've seen on here before!    After I decided to do the panel as you see it, a flower stamp just didn't work for me.   So I thought of this set, a friend owns it, and it's one I never really saw myself ever using.  It is from SU and retired now!     I am pleased with this final card.   The color of the dress and card base remind me of lightweight summer dresses, my mom used to make for me.   She was an awesome self-trained seamstress and if she was still living, she would love to join me in making cards.   As for challenges, she would have beat me hands down.   She had a special knack for color choices as well as picking the proper items to embellish her creations!      Thanks for stopping by,   Kathy

2 comments:

  1. A great way to used the colours. I like the chevron shaped banner. Chantell Just Add Ink

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the simplicity and the story you shared Kathy. The rick rack is just a fantastic element, simple but adds so much! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week. Kim

    ReplyDelete