Wedding Wishes...




Hi from sunny South Carolina...or at least it is normally sunny.  However, we've been having heavy rains since the first of the year, breaking the last record in 1982.   The garden is well watered, and in need of sunshine so I can enjoy my summer time favorite, a good old timey tomato sandwich with dukes mayonaise (also a South Carolina must have--it is made a few miles from where I live).  I started "mulling" over what to make with this sketch over at Tuesday Morning Sketches since it was posted a few days ago.  Finally, I got it made yesterday evening.  Sticking pretty much to a sketch is how I work,  but on this one the three little embellishments I planned for the bottom of the card didn't quite happen.  In the process of assembling the card,  I tore a cuticle on my fourth finger left hand, which I didn't notice until I was attaching the bouquest in the middle.  That's when I noticed faint little red places...I looked down at my hands thinking I would see smeared ink, but not so.   After washing my hands and putting on a bandaid- I returned to figure out what my options were. I went with sequins, big sequins I couldn't put my hand on the thin liquid glue I normally use and my glue dots aren't small.  There wasn't time to make another one and get it posted by today's deadline, so what you see is what I got!   I really do think the card is quite pretty...I took two photos trying to show the glistening roses of the bouquet.  Thanks for stopping by, may you have safe and good week!   Kathy

PS, even if there wasn't a pandemic, I would not send this card to anyone--it will just sit on my work station for awhile...however I do plan to make another one when my cuticle heals!

Supplies:
Bouquet:   Spruced Up Cardmaking Workshop (CTMH Jan-Feb book)
sequins:   Julep (CTMH color of this year)
Base: SU Sahara Sand (beautiful neutral)
Panel embossed:  waves retired SU
Glitter:   Company out of Business
Sentiment:  Company out of Business
Silver cord:  not sure?
Water Color Pencils:   SU current
Black Inks:  Sentiment Versafine Onyx,  Image: StazOn Black

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful take on the sketch!
    Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.
    xxx Margreet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! I love the embossing!
    Great "cover up" of your cuticle issues. :)
    Thanks for playing along with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches!
    Debbie ~ TMS DT
    Debbie's Dash of This and That

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind remarks, this was a fun sketch!

      Delete
  3. Haha I’ve had similar experiences with unknown little injuries happen. It turned out so pretty maybe you can mist it with alcohol and still use it 😊 Thanks so much for creating with us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just might have to try the alcohol out, thanks for your encouragement!

      Delete
  4. I agree this is a beautiful card. What about adding some sprinkles of pink by dipping a wet brush in pink watercolor and then just tap the brush lightly for little random spots of color?
    Thanks for sharing your lovely card at TMS. Hugs, Debi TMS DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great idea for sprinkles...I will keep that in mind for next time...Thanks for sharing!

      Delete
  5. Gorgeous wedding card! Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This happened to me recently and fortunately it was just a small faint drop so I was able to dab it quickly with a damp Q-tip. You fixed it beautifully and no one will ever know. Your card is gorgeous and I chose it as my favourite - Congratulations! Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches! I hope we'll see you again!

    KT Fit Kitty
    Tuesday Morning Sketches DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much...I really enjoyed making this sketch!

    ReplyDelete