Vintage Airplane Birthday...

 


As of today, every Monday is officially "Manly Monday."   I am going to post a masculine card each Monday.  Because, creating a masculine look is  very challenging, or at least for me, if I am going to have any cards to send to the guys in my life and  guy cards to share with my sister, I am going to have to be intentional about it.   I am "kicking" things off today using the latest sketch over at TSOT.   All that I used is truly vintage (retired) from CTMH (not in current books but may be on website).   I just love this plane set and used vellum to stamp the clouds (this set came with dies, which was so helpful-I used another birthday stamp set for the sentiment.   I am not sure of the colors but the blue worked for the sky, kind of telescoping the bird's eye view of the plane. The embossing folder   It is always fun participating over at TSOT, it's an opportunity to hone my cardmaking skills...Thanks for stopping by.  Stay healthy and have a great week,    Kathy

6 comments:

  1. Kathy, this is great - many manly elements here, lol, love it! I especially love that embossing folder - perfect for your windy background! Thanks so much for playing at TSOT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Heather, so happy about your assessment of the details...It was fun and I can duplicate it to have one for my sister! (she loves when I pass a big box of cards over her way).

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great guy card, Kathy! Love how you used the SU "Seaside" embossing folder to make the windy sky behind the plane. Great choice of pattern paper, too, for our optional theme! Thank you for playing along and sharing your talents with us at Try Stampin' on Tuesday!!! -Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful take on the sketch! I really like this masculine card and also all the texture on it. Thanks for playing over at TSOT.

    ReplyDelete