Black and White Polka Dot Pumpkin?







Behind every card is a story...the photo at Inspiration Station Blog was the beginning of my creative quest to make this card.   The lady in the photo looks perplexed (perhaps I was projecting my perplexity onto her.)  I had made a card with pumpkins for the last challenge, so what to do...while browsing through Etsy's downloadable paper packs for fall paper, I came upon some "interesting and different" paper.  It had polka dot pumpkins fall chrysanthemums in fall colors, but I liked the look of the black and white one.  It was my "great pumpkin."   I was inspired by the Inspiration photo to do a pumpkin again, but the color scheme was inspired by Card Concept challenge and I used a Try Stampin on Tuesday sketch.   I downloaded the paper and in basic Paint cut out the Panel and copied it in a Word program and printed.   Die cuts and Embossing folders added visual interest.   Thanks for looking,   Kathy

PS if you are interested, I made this masculine Card from the TSOT sketch 528...somehow I missed the date to link it by!   Ugh...need to watch that in future!  

 

10 comments:

  1. Your card is beautiful Kathy. Very "autumnish". I love the big pumpkin. Thank you for sharing your beautiful creation at Try Stampin'On Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. Love all the luscious texture on your card, Kathy! Creative use of pattern papers, too! Thank you for sharing your creative talents with us at Try Stampin' on Tuesday!!! -Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really cool, Kathy! I love all the texture and pattern - it adds so much depth - and that IS a great pumpkin, lol. Thanks so much for playing at TSOT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have done a terrific job of combining all three challenges and made something a little different to the norm at the same time. I do like different so am delighted by this. Thank you for joining us at Inspiration Station, good luck. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card, Kathy! The polka-dotted pumpkin is wonderful as are all your color choices. I especially like the rich texture. Thank you for joining us for TSOT #530.

    ReplyDelete