Wedding Bouquet Card....









My daughter came home for the weekend and she asked if I had a wedding card for a friend of hers.  and while I probably do have others, but I wanted to do something with the design for this week at FreshlyMade Sketches.   I am also participating in the Water Cooler Wednesday "All About Occasions" challenge and The Flower Challenge number # 61 "Use A Shape."   This card by JoAnn, helped me envision my card.   I have done flowers both live and silk for friend's weddings, creating both round and cascading bouquets.    In the 70's and 80's it was popular for cascading bouquets to almost touch the floor.  The bouquet shape I chose for my card is a "modified cascade" since the ribbon goes down toward the bottom of card..   I've done hand tied real roses and created a hand tied look in silk flowers. I also make arrangements to use when our "extended family" meets at the Evitt Cemetary once a year to decorate the graves of our loved ones.   If you would like to see I have some pictures and tell about our custom here.  Right now I am trying to get proficient at using SU watercolor pencils on watercolor paper, both on images I stamp as well as digital images.   It's a work in progress for sure!   On today's card I used an old CTMH stamp and a retired SU stamp set also, gray granite and basic white with a dotted swiss embossing folder as well as painted the center flowers with nuvo shimmer mist.  Thanks for stopping by!      Have a healthy week,   Kathy

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful card and a gorgeous bouquet of flowers! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Karen, I really liked the sketch this week alot! But I really like them all, each week becomes my new favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful wedding card and a great take on the sketch. Love your beautiful bouquet and your embossed background. Thanks for the shout out on my card. I am glad it inspired you to create this beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely beautiful card, love the layers and design. Thank you so much for joining us at The Flower Challenge and we hope to see you there again soon. Aileen DesignTeam

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a gorgeous card, love the beautiful floral bouquet and the sweet dotty background too. Thanks for sharing with us over at 'The Flower Challenge' ;) Viv DT xx

    ReplyDelete