Hot Cocoa Christmas card...







This card is based on three specific challenges:  Inspiration Station (photo), Try Stampin on Tuesday (sketch) and My Time to Craft Christmas (anything with the letter S.)   It's just a simple and sweet card (pun intended).  I am also linking to A Perfect Time To Craft as "anything goes."   I've been stamping and making cards since January 2002 when I went to my first Stampin Up party at a friends.  Cardmaking has evolved amazingly over these years and I've aged 20 years and face challenges associated with normal aging along with challenges that accompany the treatment for Multiple Myeloma that I was diagnosed with in January of 2014.     When I first started if there was such a thing as having a blog, I certainly didn't know about them.    A few years ago I decided to try my hand at it and I really enjoy it so much and it is so inspiring to visit your blogs and be inspired by your artwork and learn of new and irresistible products that are available.   Doing challenges is so good for me,  being part of an online community and while sketches make sense to me (put something here--put something there) they are far from easy if you are trying to remain fresh with your work.   Color and photo challenges and a use this use that challenge are areas where I am determined to grow more this year!    I love to read mysteries of all kind and watch British TV mysteries.    I might could even characterize my cardmaking style as a mystery, since very often even I don't know how it's going to turn out.   I often start with something in mind and the finished product is way different.   For this card, looking at the Photo I thought hot cocoa, and then the throw (which looks so soft) set me to thinking about the literal warmth of hot cocoa and Christmas cookies and how could I bring that together on a card.   The sketch at TSOT gave me the perfect place to put all the elements that I came up with in place, it was a double challenge but I chose to not do monochromatic this time.  I can always use it again!   Trying a new challenge "Anything with an S" for sweet cookies and cocoa at My Time to Craft Christmas.    So that's what my gray matter has been up to...I look forward to hearing what you think and visiting your blogs and seeing what you have been up to!     Stay safe and may your weekend be a good one!              Kathy

Supplies:  
SU Painted Christmas DSP
Sentiment-SU Poinsettia Petals

17 comments:

  1. So sweet, Kathy - love your holiday trio of goodies here, and that's a fun choice of DSP for the background! Thanks so much for playing at Try Stampin' on Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a nice card Kathy, I love the gingerbreadcuty.
    Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog.
    hugs, Wilma xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your take on our Inspiration Station picture especially as I'm partial to a Ginger Bread coffee as well. Looks great thank you for sharing with us and good luck xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awe! I adore this card Kathy! Love the images and the festive papers you've used with them! I totally agree with your comments about having an online community with lots of like-minded friendly people full of inspiration! It's great to establish a friend in this way all the while sharing with others what you love to do! I look forward to seeing your inspiration friend! Community hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What encouragement you are to me, so thankful!

      Delete
  5. What an enchanting card.
    Thank you for entering our Anything Goes Challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Hugs Sheryl xx
    TTCRD DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW what a fabulous card! Thanks so much for playing in our challenge at Inspiration Station!
    Darlene
    INSPIRATION STATION
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kathy, I see the cold weather is making you already thinking about 2022 Christmas cards... I should follow your example! Cute card with the "plate" of treats! Cute idea to add the linen thread bow on the hot chocolate mug!! Thank you for using our sketch and sharing your creativity with us at Try Stampin' on Tuesday!!! -Donna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Donna, we had a big snow here in SC 2 weeks ago, biggest on record since 1965...and it's been cold around here! That was a fun sketch and worked out great~

      Delete
  8. Fabulous Christmas card! I love the three Christmas elements you chose and the texture on the white circle is lovely. Thanks for joining us at Try Stampin' On Tuesday.

    sue n.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on winning the Inspiration Station Challenge with this card! It is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nicole, thanks for letting me know... I love Digi Stamps for sure and Jan's are very nice!

    ReplyDelete