Santa and Friends card...




Merry Little Christmas # 47
anything goes


I'm trying to participate in all of the November's challenges over at 52 CCT.   This week's theme is  Santa and Friends.   For the most part I don't have any Santa stamps except this CTMH set I bought years ago called Jolly Characters.  I suggest you don't look at the photo of this stamp set very long, I didn't get the images back on very well and I don't want anyone to have a seizure.   I bought it with the intention of making Christmas tags (which somehow I didn't get around too)...anyway my card is what I consider a "one and done."   It was very labor intensive not because it couldn't have been done quicker, but because it kind of evolved.   In the back of my mind I kept thinking Santa, Mrs. Clause and North Pole friends make an annual Christmas card in a digi program like so many do these days or what if  this same group along with other NP residents are putting on the first annual "Singing Christmas Tree," and this is the program cover...I would love all visitors to vote for your choice  Christmas Card or program Cover.  I stamped and cut the images with a small circle and colored them with pencils and attached to small gold Christmas light die cuts and tied each with gold metallic thread.   Making these bows was the hardest part...The tree is a digi from Etsy and reminded me of the Singing Tree look but the more I looked at it, it also looked like a Christmas card background where you add your photos and print professionally.   I printed the tree on a wood panel because I do picture "Santa's official residence" as rustic!    The bow is from Banners and Bows Collection on the tree is fussy cut from Jan's Digital Stamps.  The North Pole Friends include "Frosty,  Rudolph, and Squirrel (from Christmas Vacation--watching it each Christmas is a tradition for my family.)    Squirrel was stamped with the guy from Nuts about Squirrels  SU.  

  

        

Squirrel was a gift to me from my son because the squirrel scenes in Christmas Vacation always have me rolling in the floor.  If you look close you can see the left eye doesn't match the right eye (while I didn't actually see her performing surgery I'm pretty sure it was compliments of our sweet  "Sydney" who we sadly said goodbye to one week ago).  We had her in our lives for 13 1/2 years.   She was so sweet and loving and so easy to love!    Since squirrel was a gift from my thoughtful son and Sydney cared enough to perform intricate eye surgery on him--the squirrel is beyond precious he is priceless to me!

Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to vote!  Smiles,  Kathy


I'm sharing at:


We Love Stamping   (new to me, I just saw my friend Maxine is a designer there)

Merry Little Christmas   #47   anything goes   

Just Us Girls  RED, GREEN, GOLD







 

19 comments:

  1. You mentioned my all time favourite Christmas Move, my children are all grown up with children of their own, but we still watch it every December and still laugh at it.

    Loving the design of your card, many thanks for sharing with us at We Love Stamping Christmas theme.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Brenda, it's cathartic to observe our Christmas traditions with our loved ones!

      Delete
  2. Loved you story about squirrel and Sydney, Kathy - so sweet :)
    I think it is a Christmas card with the layering and dimension - it's gorgeous
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your sweet comments and weighing in that is a Christmas Card

      Delete
  3. Absolutely LOVE your card here Kathy! The characters all arranged as little portrait ornaments on a tree and super cute! I wouldn't know how loved the stamp set was unless you said it and I think it's fabulous to bring out those older things we love and use them again! I need to do that more often! You little squirrel gift is super CUTE and very thoughtful of your son too! We have a tradition in our family to watch that movie every year and I even have a sweater that has the Griswold Family Christmas Tree Farm on it! LOL So glad you were able to give and receive love from this darling fur friend! Have a wonderful and blessed Thanksgiving

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always fun when we meet someone who shares a tradition with us, somehow that makes us feel we really know them...Blessings to you for a joyous Thanksgiving with your family!

      Delete
  4. I think your decorated tree is absolutely fabulous! Love those big ornaments! Thank you for joining us at Just Us Girls!
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card! You used the theme very nicely! Thanks for playing at 52 CCT challange.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for your love and support. Regine

    ReplyDelete
  7. une très belle et originale façon de jouer avec ce thème Vine, j'aime beaucoup, merci de jouer avec nous chez 52CCT, biz

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card, thanks for joining 52CCT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Back again to say thank you so much Kathy for sharing this beautiful card with us at We Love Stamping
    Blessings
    Maxine DT WLS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Maxine, such a popular challenge blog!

      Delete
  10. Fabulous and fun card!
    Thank you for sharing at We love Stamping;-))m

    ReplyDelete