Slimline Christmas Card....





Supplies List:      crumb cake cs,    digital blue/white panel = Glacielle Designer Paper
                            Digital Nativity from Etsy,   SU Stitched Circle,  Simon Says tree bulbs, Shiny Gold                                CS, RealRed CS and gold thin thread and LIsa Horton Snowflake Embossing Folder
It was an emotional lift to work on this card these fews days.        I have mentioned on here that our Cairn Terrier had cancerous tumors and she passed away this past Monday...Our hearts are broken, but we are thankful we had her for almost 14 years....She loved to lay under my craft table when I was making things!      I know so many of you are dog and cat lovers, it is so numbing and while I was able to make the card...writing the blog has been very difficult.   Thanks to all of you who are my blog friends!            Kathy
 A little over a year ago, she was a beautiful Brindle color and she loved being with us and going to the park and eating apples and carrots and bread as night snacks!


This was made Sunday (the day before she died).  We had to keep her bandaged since her tumors started bleeding some and we used baby onesies adapted for her needs.   But she was such a fighter and she still loved going to the park to see all her friends and she continued to eat so again we are thankful that we had more time with her than the Vet predicted for the kind of cancer she had.   Wiithout her help my cardmaking may not be as good!    She was my inspiration for sure!


12 comments:

  1. Oh Kathy - I hear your pain - it's so sad to loose part of our family, and the void is way larger than they were!
    That is one gorgeous card - love the textured background and the sweet wee image
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe, I'm so very sorry for the loss of your fur baby...she looks adorable with her little pillow and looks as if she loved it! Your slimline card is really beautiful with that textured snowflake background! Love the peaceful image as well! Sending you big hugs my friend

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for being so encouraging my friend!

      Delete
  3. elle est vraiment charmante cette carte, merci de jouer avec nous chez 52CCT, biz

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’m so sorry. Regine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card! You used the colours very nicely! Thanks for playing at 52 CCT challange.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful background and Nativity scene! Thanks for playing at 52 CCT challenge:)

    ReplyDelete