Red/Green Christmas Card




Since this is the 2nd Saturday of April, we are having a color challenge over at 52CCT.   The  card at the top was not the first card I made.  On the first one  I decided to use a sentiment from the Winter Snowbirds from Jan's Digitals.    I bought this set awhile back and decided to make it the centerpiece of my card.   I bought some digital Christmas sets last fall when they were on sale.   Right now she has lovely Spring-Summer digital stamp sets on sale.    The sentiment is in black script and I copied it to Word, changed the size and then changed it to red (it matches SU Cherry Cobbler).  I also had a  Hobby Lobby Paper Studio Christmas set that had some clear stickers in it, so I took one of the stickers and placed it on white Cardstock and fussy cut it out!    The grey plaid paper is from this same set and the base of the card is SU smokey slate.  I'm not sure if you can see it, but I used the SU Buffalo Embossing Pad to add texture to the grey plaid panel before adhering it to the card base.   The green enamels are SU and have been in my stash for quite awhile.   I then linked it to the 52CCT challenge for today.    But after looking at all the designer's cards that were already linked up, I kept thinking I wanted to make a card that stayed closer to the green and red challenge...I just wasn't sure if I still had time.  My mojo seemed to be on the fritz after traveling to Texas last Monday to visit with my precious older sister (86).   She was 16 years old when I was born!        She is having some memory problems and is going to be living with her children from now on.   My daughter went with me and we helped my sister pick out clothing to donate and filled tubs with things that she said she wanted.   It was so hard to see my precious sister struggling and I was tired so I wanted to keep this challenge very simple...so to make my second card I pulled out my stash drawer and picked the wreath that I used on the Sketch challenge in January (I had one left over)  I then picked a left over die cut from a Paper Pumpkin set from sometime last fall-Christmas theme, trimmed it slightly added a bakers twine bow, made a tag "celebrate" on white for some relief from the green/red and then added petite rhinestones to the wreath for an ice look (I hope)  The Merry Christmas Paper is from a different Paper Studio Chirstmas set, and since the wreath was already stamped in Evening Evergreen I used that color CS for the base and separated it from the red panel (which looks like SU Cherry Cobler) with SU Olive which is in the die cut...I really like the way it turned out.and it was just as simple as the other one to make!   So thank you fellow designers for being my inspiration this week.  I invite all of you who are visiting me, to head on over to 52 CCT, I'm sure you will be inspired and we would love to see your work show up in our gallery this week.        Thanks for dropping by and to all of you   who never fail to leave encouraging remarks, thank you for being a friend (theme from Golden Girls TV).  Smiles,     Kathy 

5 comments:

  1. oh que c'est élégant Kathy, j'adore, biz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy these are beautiful - love the one with the grey background in particular. It's always sad to see family members in decline ... and can be really stressful also
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both of these Christmas cards are so beautiful and a wonderful take on the colors! I'm sure your sister was happy to be able to spend some quality time together and that is what is the most important time for her right now. Biggest hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic red and green card, Goga

    ReplyDelete