Santa Claus is Coming to town...

 



This post published at 1:00 AM today and I disccovered a few minutes ago that I had misspelled Claus on my card ( I had put Clause).   Anyway I corrected it and added the new photo above.   It's theme week over at 52 Christmas Card Throwdown and I'm using a special die cut by Tim Holtz "Santa and Sleigh."   I received this "die cut" as a freebie with purchase from Simon Says Stamp, Christmas before last I think    I decided now was the perfect time to use it and when I went looking for ideas (to CASE) so imagine my surprise when I ran across this.      In the search ,  I ran across cards with elaborate sky/earth backgrounds (that were gorgeous).    But in the end, I decided to use a "bauble ornament" from Etsy to mimic a globe and just see how it all came together.   Just being honest,  "flying by the seat of pants" is my cardmaking method most of the time--Sometimes  I'm  pleasantly surprised and sometimes I'm mortified (probably exaggerating--and actually just not as pleased)   To make this card and all cards where I use digital imagery I use the "word" label program ( for this card I used 4 on 1 with the 5 1/2 inch vertical.  See screenshot below
(corrected spelling of Santa Clause to Claus)

After copying and pasting the image, I typed in the sentiment  (centering it and choosing font, size and hex code for color (SU razzleberry - to match card base (it is retiring in a couple of weeks and I wanted to use it up)   I then print ever how many of these pages I need to use as the panel on my card base.   When cut, each page makes 4 pieces of 5 1/2 x 4 1/4 panels.  I decided to make several of these and share with my Stamping Club swap group.   Since I also planned to emboss these panels.   I copied and pasted just the image on another word page so I could die cut the ornament with a round stitched die cut.   I didn't want the actual ornament  to be embossed.   When you click on the card this will make sense.    The sentiment reads  'Santa Claus' is Coming to Town, which is a fun Christmas song that's been around for most if not all of my life.   The sentiment on the inside that I actually stamped, is  A happy Christmas to all and to all a good night (SU)...which is similar to " A merry Christmas to all and to all a good night, which is the last line from the Night before Chirstmas poem.   

I'm sharing my card over at:
the center vertical line (die cut, free, embossing)
starts with a B (bauble ornament)
Christmas theme
Thanks for stopping by and I sure hope you will join the fun this week over at 52 CCT, we would enjoy seeing what you create~           Smiles,  Kathy
  
PS   for those who came early to check it all out,    it should be Santa Claus   not Santa Clause   (oops)   didn't quite research it thoroughly...

9 comments:

  1. Such a great way to make your card Kathy - a great blend of digi use with the textured card base, and if gives such a wonderful result.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh Kathy, ce qu'elle est élégante! très belle création, biz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Kathy, I'm so in love with the way you've done the watercolor on the ornament panel! Very clever with the foil cardstock Santa sleigh over it! Brilliant job to add the embossed brick background for texture too! Wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card! Love the brick background and the pretty gold twine. Thanks for sharing with us at Krafty Chicks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kathy... who doesn't love Santa dashing away! Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you friend. Email me please. reginekarpel@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is beautiful! Thanks for joining our Starts with B challenge at Cut It Up.

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous vintage-look card. Thank you for joining our Cut it Up Starts with a B Challenge.
    Hugs,
    Larelyn (CIU owner)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great die cut Santa and super Christmas card.

    ReplyDelete