Vellum Poinsettia Card...



#482 Layers



For this weeks challenge at 52 CCT I stamped and embossed two poinsettias and after coloring with markers on the non embossed side of the vellum, I trimmed and layered the poinsettia. on a simple stiped panel.  . The panel is a paper that  I downloaded  from Etsy  I had a specific look in mind for my background, and these lovely papers from Azure and Jade Art  were just what I wanted.   I've had this SU poinsettia stamp set a very long time and I still love to use at Christmas. The sentiment on my card is "Merry Christmas."  It  is clean and simple and I really like how it turned out.  This technique of embossing and using markers on the opposite side is called "stained glass."    In thinking further, I guess Vellum Embossing actually refers to dry embossing using Vellum.  I should have lookedd it up!     Check out all the design teams wonderful examples!   I'm also linking my card tp use your stuff.   Thanks for stopping in and I hope you play along with us this week!    Smiles,  Kathy



6 comments:

  1. A delightful card Kathy - love that stained glass 'look' and have just realised I can do it now as I have been gifted some alcohol markers!!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous layered poinsettia!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful. Regine
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That poinsettia is absolutely gorgeous with all of the wonderful layers and texture! You're rocking the Christmas cards and making them so pretty! I'm so proud of you and the wonderful collection you will have this year!

    ReplyDelete