Candy Canes Christmas Card...





Candy Canes are perhaps the most iconic Christmas symbol the world over!   And today for the theme at 52 Christmas Card Throwdown they are the theme Elizabeth has chosen.    The image of my card is from Power Poppy and I think it was a free years ago and I have used it several times over the years.  I printed the image and stamped the SU sentiment before die cutting it with the hemstitch die cut backed it with a vibrant green panel that can only be seen through the die cut holes and mounted that on the dark green card base.  I then fussy cut the colored image and popped it over the bottom colored image and topped it off with some  gold sequins from a pack of red/green I had picked up at my local thrift store on customer appreciation day awhile back.  Please go on over to 52 CCT and check out all the beautiful cards the design team has created.   We would all love to see what you create for this theme challenge.      Thanks for stopping by and I appreciate those of you who take the time to comment.     Smiles,    Kathy

The sentiment on my card reads:   Thinking of you at Christmas Time

5 comments:

  1. A lovely cheerful Christmas card Kathy - love the way you have mounted the image with the hemstitched panel and vibrant green over the dark green
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh Kathy, quelle jolie création, biz

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love the colors you've chosen to use for your candy canes and the way you've popped them out too! Really nice layout with your framing as well! wonderful Christmas card Kathy! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathy... I love your choice of green and red candy canes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They should sell green and red candy canes - they look super yummy! Thanks for having me again!

    ReplyDelete