52 CCT August Color Challenge






 
Greetings everyone,   Thank you for stopping in to visit today.   Last week I went to Wisconsin to visit my sister, her husband and my niece and her family, visiting her parents.    They live out of the country and we don't see them very often so it was just wonderful spending time enjoying one another!  The last few days I've been going through "stuff"  and deciding what needs to stay and what needs to go.  It helps me know what I've got on hand to work with whether it's preparing a meal or making a card!    Over at 52 Christmas Card Throwdown we have a fun colour challenge and as usual everyone is invited to participate.   For my card I decided to use some digital paper I bought on ETSY.   I love the outlined images and felt it would give a light and airy look to my card.   The sentiment is from an old and retired CTMH set .   I haven't heat embossed very much for the last few years, but I felt it would a nice touch for my card.   The ":pearls in the snowflakes came from the local dollar tree!    It's often hard to limit our use of colour when it comes to Christmas.   But I have to say that I really like this card.  Happy cardmaking to all of you, and be sure and share your creations with us.   The design team has put together some wonderful cards to inspire you!    Smiles,   Kathy

7 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous card Kathy - love the delicate tree images in the patterned paper, and the white embossed sentiment is gorgeous
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. sobre claire et pleine de charme Kathy, biz

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Christmas tree pattern is perfect for the black and white concept for the challenge and I really love the way that sentiment strip goes across the design too! Such brilliant inspiration for this challenge Kathy! Glad you were able to enjoy your visit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! Those accent pearls give it that little extra! Thanks for having me as your GDT again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you’re feeling better. Love you friend. Regine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful black & white Christmas card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I’d love to receive one of your cards. Regine. Hugs

    ReplyDelete