52 CCT August Theme Challenge



Today's theme challenge is Christmas Food over at 52 Christmas Card Throwdown.  When I think of Christmas food I think of family favorites such as turkey, dressing (not stuffing-a good Southern girl knows the difference) Gravy, Ham, Rolls, Sweet Potato Souffle, Green Beans, Broccoli Salad,  Sweet Iced Tea, Pumpkin Pie and Red Velvet Cake ( my mother in law made this for my husband through the years and yellow layer cake with "real fudge" icing for my brother in law.   She quite often (not at Christmas made my favorite (Country Style Steak with gravy and rice--another awesome Southern dish.)      But getting back to Christmas --we had plenty of cookies on hand but somehow I never quite thought of them as food, but I guess since you can eat them they qualify.   I bought these litlle decorated cookies on Etsy a couple of years ago and have used them to make some Christmas cards when this theme came up at other challenges.   I went online and put in a search engine "sentiments to use with cookies to make Christmas cards and came away with this.  I hope I do not get sued, since I am not claiming any kind of original credit for it.   I just don't want to get in trouble for plagiarism.   .    The sentiment reads it's the most Scrumptious time of the year".        I really like my easel card...some things that I found out a little late is that it is a little "front" heavy with that huge plate of cookies.   Also someone "chewed" on the gingerbread men,  the left leg, right leg and the head on the guy in the center (as if he wasn't in enough pain trying to balance on this head for the photo.   This was my 3rd easel card and it worked much better with the simpler ones here .

As always thank so many of you for being precious blog buddies.   I really do feel that I know so many of you and you make such a different in my life. So love to all of you and I love to see my blog family grow so you are welcome to leave comments and I will try and visit you all and leave comments of encouragement also...We all need it!   Smiles,  Kathy

also linking this to: 
  
ABC Christmas Challenge  P=presents, Q=Quick, R=Robins   (presents -  my friends gives our family cookies every year for Christmas and this is the card I'm giving her this year)





 

8 comments:

  1. Oh dear, that poor gingerbread man - was someone a bit hungry and couldn't wait for Christmas??
    Love your easel cards Kathy, and your plate of cookies certainly looks inviting
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh la la Kathy, quel style! moderne et chic, biz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fun easel card, and those cookies look delicious! The sentiment is so fitting too. Gill x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful circle easel design Kathy! I love the wonderful lace you've used in the background and it sure looks like a delicious plate of cookies! I love the sentiment you've used with this as well! Your post has made me hungry!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have created a delicious Christmas dessert on a very nice card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful my friend. Regine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sent an email. Didn’t know if you received it. Have a wonderful day. Regine

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a yummy creation! Thank you so much for entering our challenge at ABC Christmas.

    ReplyDelete