Ugly (Tacky) Christmas Sweater Card




the sentiment reads:   I want an "ugly sweater" for Christmas said no one ever.



At 52 Christmas Card Throwdown our hostess Rosie brings us a great sketch to work with.   I seldom ever do a square card, I'm not sure why, I always enjoy making them for challenges.   I purchased this sweater knit embossing folder from Spellbinders awhile back and coupled with this fun sweater image which I "fussy cut" from a set I bought on Etsy and the faux washi tape from another set on Etsy.  I created a fun card with a somewhat "snarky" sentiment I also found online and created in Word for the inside.  I kept thinking about the movie A Christmas Story where Ralphie's aunt makes him a one piece pink bunny suit and his mom makes him go put it on and model it!      I certainly hope no one is offended by my card.    All our tastes in clothing varies and this is just done in fun!   Thanks for stopping by and join us with your creation with this sketch.   There are some great cards created by the design team that will inspire you I'm quite sure!          Smiles,   Kathy



 

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for the smile Kathy - one thing about living in the antipodes is that we don't need sweaters for Christmas, let alone ugly ones :) Great use of all the elements, they have come together beautifully
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. adorable Kathy, il est super super moche ce pull, j'adore, biz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous sweater... such and amazing die cut!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic and funny card! And the sweater is beautifully ugly 😍😍😍

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely love your card Kathy! It made me happy just looking at it. Love the colours, and the embossing in the background is perfect. Hugs, Gill xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww Kathy, what a wonderful Christmas card you've made! I really like the ugly sweater! It goes super well with the beautifully embossed background! Hugs, Rosi

    ReplyDelete