October Color Challenge 52 CCT




This week at 52 Christmas Card Throwdown, Majda has chosen for us to use Brown and Red for our color Challenge.   I chose a piece of antique looking paper with Christmas music on it.  The joy is from a Christmas stamp and die set I bought at JoAnne's awhile back.  The pine cones and needles are from a retired Close tMy Heart set that has remained a favorite through the years   When I first started stamping we called this technique "antiquing."   I decided to use predominantly brown on the card and use a pop of red.   I hope you will check out all the design teams cards and make a card to share with us this week.   Smiles and thank you for visiting!   Kathy

 

4 comments:

  1. This is a stunning card Kathy - loving how you have used the colours on this elegant card - your simplicity is stunning and gives such an elegant result
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow Kathy, une carte tout en élégance, biz

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful Christmas card Kathy! I love these colors and your take with the Vintage theme is perfect for it! Yes, I remember the "antiquing" or "distressing" for a term of sponging the edges or ripping/tattering the edges for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a sweet Christmas creation :)
    Thank you for the inspiration and thank you for your wonderful red/brown greeting card in my month of challenges.
    Hugs, Majda

    ReplyDelete