October Theme Challenge 52 CCT




This weeks theme challenge 52 Christmas Card Throwdown  that was chosen by Majda is  "Christmas Cup."    Some time ago I had downloaded from ETSY this cute gingerbread man in a hot tub (Cup of Chocolate)   I tried coloring the image and just couldn't see quite well enough for that yet!  However, since  I can fussy cut using my readers and a craft magnifying glass that has lighting I decided to do paper piecing. .  Perhaps you remember back in January we were challenged to do "paper piecing" on a a card.  I don't think this guy realizes that he is actually on the menu at a Christmas Party.  The papers are SU Sweetest Christmas (first use) and  the white embossing was accomplished using an Alltenew EF Organic Linen..  I touched up the fur on the cap with Wink Of Stella as well as the berries and icing on his arms and the milk in the hot chocolate.  Not sure this shows up in the photo, but it really added a lot on the card.  I've included a photo of me in my readers holding the magnifying glass to cut the small pieces.    Thanks for stopping by and be sure and check out the lovely cards made by the 52 CCT Design Team.    We would love to see what you create.    Smiles,   Kathy



 

4 comments:

  1. So cute Christmas cup dear Kathy. Ginger Santa brings so much joy, I would love to join him in a cup ;-)
    Thanks for the inspiration, Majda

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great card Kathy, and I love the way you have used the image on the diagonal stripes. A sweet image, and well done on the paper piecing
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a darling card Kathy! I love this smiling gingerbread fellow having such a great time relaxing in the cup! The stripes and design made for a great layout too! I'm glad to see that you were able to find a way to make crafting work for you with the light magnifier! HUGS

    ReplyDelete