October Inspiration Station








Today's Inspiration Station Creation was a gift for a dear friend.   We met in 1975 in the X-Ray department at the General Hospital (now town down) and have been great friends since.   She dropped off some Halloween wood stamps and ink pads a few weeks ago.   I'm thinking they were her sisters at one time (she stamped and made cards).   A couple of months ago she gave me a huge bag of ribbons that she had bought to make her great grand daughter some hair bows.   She caught  Covid right as the vaccine came out before she could get it.  We really did not think she would make it, but the Lord spared her and for that her family and friends are so thankful.   She now has limited use of her hands so she doesn't do crafts too much.  Last  Christmas using her mother's costume jewelry I helped her make some pictures.  She designed them and I glued them on velvet backgrounds.    I will post them one day.   

Inspired by the October Photo Prompt I decided to make my sweet friend a fall floral arrangement with stamped Halloween gooney pics inserted for fun.    I had bought the basket a while back at Miracle Hill thrift store., the flowers came from the local Dollar Tree.     I normally start at the center of whatever container I'm working with to build my floral arrangements outwards, but for some reason--I kept seeing this as coming from back to front.   I love it and she loved it and is enjoying it.  It's not overly large so it fits nice on her breakfast table.    I made a close up of the ribbon which is May Arts.  I got it free when the owner of one of my favorite stamp stores closed shop about 10 years ago.  She gave us all a plastic bag on the final day she was open and we could fill it up with whatever we wanted.   

Thanks for stopping by and I sure would love for you to join us at the Inspiration Station Challenge Blog this month.  All crafts are welcome!   You might win a prize if you tell us how the Photo Prompt inspired you.    Smiles,   Kathy






 

4 comments:

  1. I love your use of the prompt to make this delightful arrangement for you precious friend Kathy - it's beautiful.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy. this is a gorgeous floral arrangement and I'm certain your friend was delighted with it. I love how you've taken the inspiration prompt and made a home decor item. Thanks for a fantastic team project for the Inspiration Station Challenge.
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Your Autumn floral arrangement is amazing Kathy! I'm positive that your friend will really appreciate such a lovely handmade from you gift too! I love how your mind went through seeing this inspirational photo!! What a lovely post today! Thanks for your inspiration friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful. Regine
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete