September Technique/Stash Challenge 52 CCT





Stencils, are not my friends or at least in the past.     I think because it wasn't big when I first started card making and attended classes at local stamp stores (and there aren't any now in my area), I don't have a place to watch it demonstrated and then do it.   Having said this, I realize there is you tube etc. Sometime this past year I bought this slimline stencil from the The Crafter's Workshop.    So this week I started on what I was certain would be a disaster and for awhile it was.    I started off  using  a regular small stencil brush and the above shows what a disaster that turned out to be.    I decided to continue practicing on this card and ended up coloring the ornaments with an  SU Marker    I then cut them out to pop on the second card.   I remembered that I had ordered these brushes for stenciling from Amazon and  I was able to create the Pine garland on the second card without any problem.   I used some gold berries that I die cut on the garland,  then I tied gold twine bows around the ornaments before popping them up on the garland..    The sentiment is from a retired snowflake set, I borrowed from my  SU friend and supplier, that isn't in the packaging anymore so Ii don't the name of it, but it is retired..   I really like this card and I plan to make more cards with these stencils.  Challenges force us out of our comfort zones,  which is one of the reasons that I love to do them.  The challenges Rosi has had for us this month have been very enjoyable and challenging.    So thanks to all of you who stop by, leave comments and are faithful followers of my blog.   I sure enjoy being part of such a wonderful community of  cardmakers.   Now it's time to head on over to 52 CCT where the challenge is "use a stencil."  I look forward to seeing what you do.   Our Design team has some beautiful work for you to check out! Smiles to all,   Kathy


 

6 comments:

  1. You made a very beautiful CAS card and it really doesn't look like it all got off to a bad start.

    ReplyDelete
  2. super élégant Kathy, jolie touche vintage, biz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like you Kathy, it is only recently that I have made peace with, and regularly use my stencils - good brushes do help :) Love your card, it is so elegant
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your words of wisdom today. Regine

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think your practice with the stenciling paid off for you! this card is gorgeous! I love that pine border with your slimline sized card! So beautiful Kathy! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thinking of you my friend.

    ReplyDelete