September Theme Challenge 52 CCT





The past week has been a bit of a challenge.  On Tuesday I had cataract surgery on my right eye.  At this point all is well with that.  They were able to place a plain lens with no correction on that side for now.  I will get the left cataract done on Oct. 3rd.    There ae however, quite a few don't to observe.  The most difficult one being do not bend over from the waist and do not pick up anything over 15 pounds.   3 weeks ago Ziva was spayed and she developed an allergic reaction to the sutures and the top two layers of her stitches had to be replaced and they followed up with staples on the exterior this time.   All total she had to wear a cone for about 3 weeks when we couldn't watch her.   She was miserable, poor baby.   This Thursday she had her staples out and she is out of the cone.   She is so sweet and we love her so much, it was so hard to see her so miserable.   So we are thankful for that also.   My daughter helped me with this card (she is a nurse and took time off to help us all.  I downloaded these adorable mice from ETSY and they gave came in groups of two and single images.   I wanted to line 3 in a row so while I can't tell you what we did (going to keep practicing we were able to make the little mouse a transparency !   So my sweet daughter gets an Honorable Mention and huge thanks for all she has done this week.   I have a second cousin that this card will go to this year.   Her daughter is somewhat of a tomboy (participates in Rodeo events).  I am actually going to use a thin black pen and write their names up close to the their mouse!   It was a fun but was very challenging ,  I would love to see what you do with our "mice" theme this week.  The sentiment I used is  "Wish Love and Hope."   Be sure and check out tje great and inspiring work by the 52 CCT design team.    Thanks for dropping in and all the encouraging remarks.   Smiles,   Kathy

 

5 comments:

  1. You really had a very busy week. Sending a big hug to all of you!!!!!!! The mouse card is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry to hear about your challenging week and hope that you and Ziva can recover peacefully together now! Your card with these mice are so adorable! I love how you've grouped them together and how fun to have some help with an expert on the subject too! Really love the border with the embossing texture as well! Beautifully done! I love this challenge and hopefully can play along if I find the time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh Kathy, que c'est chou, très beau trio, biz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathy this is such a gorgeous card - well done on working with your daughter to get the mice threesome.
    It's good to hear that Ziva is now well on the mend, and that your cataract surgery went well
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  5. super cute trio mices !!!. Congrats 💐☺️ happy day

    ReplyDelete