Nov Photo Prmopt Fall Card




It's time for the November Photo Prompt Challenge over at Inspiration Station Challenge Blog.   I have really grown to enjoy these challenges.   It's probably not surprising that I decided to make a "leaf" card. But I'll tell you wlhy!    A few weeks ago one of the ladies in my swap group encouraged us to paint our own leaves instead of die cutting with DSP.   So for my card I used SU Granny Apple, Cherry Cobbler, Pumpkin Pie and Crushed Curry,  I applied using brushes that work well for stenciling coloring an  8 1/2 x 11 water color page.  ( I had some paper left over).I used the dies that go with SU "Love of Leaves" to cut my fall leaf bouquet.of leaves for my card.  The sentiment "Hope Changes Everything."  really speaks to my heart about how the LORD cares about His beautiful creation and gives us seasons to enjoy.  Sometimes when the days start getting shorter I struggle emotionally,  so the beauty of the leaves speaks peace to me!     Thanks for stopping by and I hope you will join the challenge this month.   You will have an opportunity to win a wonderful gift if you share in your post how the Photo Prompt inspired you!.       Smiles and Blessings to all of you,   Kathy

 

1 comment:

  1. A wonderful card Kathy - those colours are perfect for the leaves. With the solid colours contrasted with the plaid, the result is stunning.
    I know what you mean about the season - I also was reminded by the Lord at one point that no season (in life) lasts for ever, and each has it's own beauty.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete