A special "thank you"

 


My daughter asked me to make a "special" thank you card for her nurse manager who has gotten a promotion.   She has been her manager over ten years and my daughter has grown professionally under her leadership.   It was good for me to have something to do to take my mind off the surgery I'm having this afternoon.    I had cataract surgeries back in Sept and Oct and they both went well.   But I have a strand and bubble at the back of the left eye that is getting fixed today.  Dear daughter is taking me for this.    My far vision is fine, but I have to use a lighted magnifying glass for up close.    So needless to say my card isn't perfect,  I rotated the sketch.   The sentiment is SU retired "So Sentimental."  I  also used 2 retired sets of SU DSP   Happiness Abounds and Beautifully Penned.  I Stamped the Flowers on the paper with permanent black, glued them to white cs and then die cut them.  (I saw this idea on Pinterest).  I decided to use the Freshly Made sketch for this week.   I haven't played there in a very long time!  Thanks for stopping in.   Comments are always welcome.   Hugs and Smiles,  Kathy



4 comments:

  1. What a lovely card - I think being CAS makes it better, but then I am a bit of a CAS fan :) Do hope your procedure has gone well and your vision improves
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a very beautiful thank you card, Kathy! Your take on the sketch is perfect and I love the added flowers on the edges! I'm sure she'll love this! Wishing you best of luck with your surgery and glad you have your daughter with you. Sending you lots of love and wishes for a beautiful and peaceful Christmas! Hope you're able to heal quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope it went well. Love you. Regine

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love black and white with the polka dots aqnd the sweet little flowers in each corner. Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete