December Theme Challenge 52 CCT




For the third Saturday which is a theme challenge over at 52 Christmas Card Throwdown, Fabiola has chosen for us to make Christmas cards with Snow Globes.   I ordered the die cut and clear insert by Marrianne Designs and decided that the snowman scene from Connie Fong (Etsy) would work nicely.  The paper and CS are from SU  and are both current.   I colored the scene with SU Watercolor pencils and gel pens and that went well.   I bought some snow from Hobby Lobby and that proved to be a disaster.  That card ended up in the trash!     I remembered I had some tiny snowflakes left over from SU Paper Pumpkin from years ago.  So I punched some tiny circles using sparkly white CS and added them to the tiny snowflakes.  I then added the snowman scene to the card panel. After placing the flakes mixture in the middle and after adding runner tape around the back of the clear insert and placed it on top of winter scene.   I had tried glue stick and that proved a disaster also.  Immediately the "mixture" started popping all over the place and no amount of "thumping" persuasion could get them to the bottom.    I'm trying to think who has bad eyesight these days (besides me)  I' m having my third eye surgery this coming Monday. Dec. 18th.    I think it's static --I probably could have used my emboss buddy and I will try that next time!    Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to check out the wonderful cards that the design team has made.    Smiles,    Kathy

 

3 comments: