December Colour Challenge 52 CCT




This second week of December is color challenge over at 52 CCT and Fabiola has chosen purple and gold or purple and silver.   I seldom ever use "purple" in my cardmaking so I found a purple "spectrum" of color over at Etsy and I used one of the lightest purples and one of the darker purples with silver to make my card.  A few days ago I found a beautiful purple/gold digital collection from Carolyn's Musings.    The light purple panel is embossed with Spellbinder Holly and the tree bulbs are from Simon says.  Because the folder is holly I added the die cut holly and berries (from 2 different die cut sets) to the silver bow.  Now while this would not be a color combo I would normally choose,  the longer I look at it the better I like it!   I use to shy away from color challenges, but this year has stretched me as I've played with not only the different color challenges but also interpreted various themes and tried new to me techniques.   We only have two more challenges for 2023 and I hope you come back for those..  Seeing all the amazing artwork has been pure enjoyment for me.       So head on over to 52 CCT and check out the wonderful ideas from the design team and I look forward to seeing your card with these colors!  Thanks to all of you who faithfully comment!    Smiles and may your Christmas be more than merry may it be a season of peace and realization of who Jesus really is.   He was more than just a baby!    He is the Savior to whosoever will accept Him!   If you would like to know more click the link below, where I have links to ministries that have played a role in my life!


 

2 comments:

  1. que c'est joli Kathy, le scintillement des lumières et l'élégance des feuillages, biz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really gorgeous card and I love your take on the color combo for this one! Purple is my favorite color, but I believe it challenges me to create Christmas cards with! Thank you for the wonderful inspiration with your beautiful creations. I appreciate your kind support as well and wish you all of the beautiful gifts of the Season my friend!

    ReplyDelete