Christmas Card 70's throwback...


The theme this week at 52 CCT is "Mushrooms."   The design team and some card makers have done some great work "using" mushrooms.   However at first glance I found myself  at a loss, since I don't have any gnomes or mushroom stamps or dies.  It appeared I would just have to skip this challenge. Then I remembered the SU DSP "Rings of Love" that I have in my stash.   There is one design that  features mushrooms. In fact,  I remember thinking when I chose this DSP my Sale A Bration freebie that I probably would never use that paper.    Actually, back in the 70's and early 80's  we decorated using mushrooms in our kitchens.  We bought note cards with mushrooms on them.    In fact my mom and I made a set of mushroom canisters in a ceramics class we took at a neighbors home.  She had her own kiln and we enjoyed doing this "together" so much.  For my card, I cut the greenery and the mushrooms and then glued them on watercolor paper, so they would hold up for me to fussy cut..   I ended up creating a simple card in "greens and blue/greens.  (See Picture below) The leftovers are now "living" in my scrap box and hopefully they will find their way out of there someday.  I'm starting to see the value of keeping my "leftovers!"   Thanks for stopping by today.   Head on over to 52CCT. I'm sure they would love to see what you can do with this challenge.   Smiles and hugs,   Kathy 

2 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Kathy - love the soft colours, and the way you have incorporated the mushrooms. I think I would have given that particular challenge a miss also :)
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy, you've done such an amazing job with this theme! I love your idea with the wreath and the colors are perfect! I really love the texture of your paper and the way it enhances the look! Beautifully done my friend!

    ReplyDelete