Isaiah 9.6



Today it was snowing and after seeing Justin's take on FreshlyMade Sketches #316, I was inspired to make this card, hoping to create something soft and gentle.    I started off trying to use an acrylic stamp that was several years old, but when I couldn't get it to make a clear image...I gave up and computer generated Isa.9.6.   I typed the verse verbatim from the verse on the stamp, and it wasn't until I posted the card that I looked at the word "Counsellor" and thought that  isn't spelled correctly.   So I looked it up in an online dictionary and found that it is usually spelled counselor in the US, but counsellor is a spelling used outside the US.   So I guess all is good.   I also used the Verve stamp set Unto Us and the matching die cuts for the snowflakes.  I couldn't figure out how to stamp the snowflake first and lay the solid die on it and get it to work, so I turned the "goofs" over and finally got one acceptably centered to use.   I'll work on figuring that one out later.   The silver dot paper is from All Is Calm DSP SU (retired).   I love this paper collection!   I popped the snowflake on a dot and then popped an SU sequin on top in its center and then used some matching blue metallic thread that I picked up at a thrift store to finish it all off.   I hope it snows tomorrow and I can play some more (not outside but with my indoor toys).    Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. Such a wonderful quote! Very petty card! Glad you joined us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card and such a beautiful verse! Love it!!! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete