Vintage Dresses Card...






Some of my favorite times spent with my mother involved her "sewing" clothes for my sisters and me.  It was always so much fun to pick out the fabrics and patterns (although if we could not find a pattern, I drew her a picture and that worked just as well.)   When I saw the challenge over at the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge, I thought of red dress patterns, black and white trimmings, fabrics, rick rack and ribbons, oh my!   I had been musing over how to use the sketch at Tuesday Morning Sketches and decided this would work.  I went online at Etsy and downloaded a dress patterns digi, which of course I can use again...I saw one that was lingerie (vintage) and thought how cute that would be for a Lingerie Shower invitation. It took some doing but all in all I like the way it turned out.  Even my real red ink looks worn out and vintage on the sentiment.   I've got to order a re-inker!       Thanks for stopping in,   Kathy

 

12 comments:

  1. So beautiful.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one sends me bake years to when my Mom made my clothes and I made clothes for my daughter. Very pretty card

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, some of our memories are so precious aren't they!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was so perfect for both the challenges!! I love those images and the memory you shared. My mom could not sew from patterns but could also make so much just from looking at photos or other clothes. Thanks so much for creating with us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Patti, creating as your mom did is such an amazing talent!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card! I just threw out all my old patterns, not too long ago. My HS graduation present was a sewing machine. I refused to go to college without one! I'm definitely in that vintage category! Thanks o much for that little walk down memory lane and for sharing your card at Tuesday Morning Sketches. Hope to see you again next week. Hugs, Debi DT TMS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad i struck a chord with you, I try to do TMS each week! Last week I tried to touch up my card at the last minute and ruined it! Oh well!

      Delete
  7. Awesome card! I love the vintage pattern image!!
    Thanks for playing along this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches
    Debbie - TMS DT
    Debbie's Dash of This and That

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the of a vintage pattern! Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete