Whole lot of Embossing Going on....



 (Embossing Folder(s) and optional Butterfly

"A Penny For your thoughts"   (Use a sentiment)
a new challenge for me!

A new challenge for me!

This card all started when my sweet Cairn Terrier Sydney awakened me at 4:30 this morning.   She had teeth pulled and tumors removed 8 days ago and although she is much much better, she is still getting up very early.  I think it's because she is on canned food for awhile, until we know her mouth is all mended~and evidently she likes it a lot better than her dry food, although it is a very good brand.     I've been in the process of organizing all my "supplies-toys."   So I thought while it was quiet around here I would finish that up, until  I came across a piece I had embossed with this embossed piece embossed on a similar color to Bumble Bee that I had leftover since I ended up using a piece embossed on white.   The more I looked at it, I kept thinking it would make corner pieces for a card...Because I now have a pinterest category of blog challenges, it's easy for me to keep up with which current challenges  might work  together to create a card...so her is is!  The sentiment I used looks better at an angle, it just may be me, but it doesn't always seem to sit straight!   As long as you visit each challenge blog,  I think my card choices will make sense.    Thanks for looking and leave a comment if you have time!         Smiles,   Kathy



 

6 comments:

  1. Really love the black and yellow color scheme for this card as it's so eye catching! The corners you've embossed set it off even more! What a very productive craft session you've done and it paid off with this beautiful design! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved your story about the creation of your pretty card. It reminds me of warm summer days with it's lovely butterflies and buzzing bees. Thanks so much for joining in on our latest challenge at Let's Craft and Create. Cheryl W, DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Kathy! Lovely job on your card. Great colour, texture and contrast here! Just as a heads up, for our As You See It theme challenge, we're looking for beverages! We'd love if you entered another one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Creatively beautiful! Thank you for joining our challenge at Can You Handle The Pressure!
    Diane CYHTP DT {Nellies Nest}
    {Can You Handle The Pressure}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fabulous card, I love your design here!! So much beautiful work here, and great take on the challenge. Thanks so much for playing along with us over at Can You Handle the Pressure. Hope we see you back again soon!
    Judy~ CYHTP DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all this texture, Kathy! The yellow flowers in the corners make such a happy frame and the black and white gingham ribbon adds to the cheerfulness! Love seeing this in the gallery at Color Hues.

    ReplyDelete